A world leading urology centre spanning 1600 m2 across two floors has been constructed to facilitate patient treatment together with ground breaking research facilities.
The two storey centre provides consultation and treatment rooms, administrative and staff accommodation, clinical facilities and new lecture facilities.
HRH The Duke of Kent took a tour of the new building and its facilities. Following the unveiling of the commemorative plaque HRH met with those who were involved throughout the project. HRH stated that the centre is a remarkable achievement and praised the work of everyone involved.
The new facility provides significant increased capacity and convenience for people in the south of England and will ease current long waiting times, diagnostic delays, availability of specialist equipment and treatments.
Constructed on pad foundations, this steel frame building takes on a contemporary style, featuring a curved front, open atrium entrance and it further enhanced externally cy copper cladding panels, along with white tendered walls and complementary Atlas Blue facing bricks and a flat roof.