Coronavirus Emergency Pods
Having established an excellent reputation for successful delivery on complex projects within the health sector, our mission is ‘to be the contractor of choice trusted to safely deliver value and quality to exceed our client’s expectations’.
Last week we were delighted to ‘be the contractor of choice’ for the Royal Free Hospital, undertaking vastly challenging reactive works on their behalf. The brief centred around the hospital’s position as one of UK’s specialist centres for the treatment of coronavirus (COVID19).
Undertaken in line with NHS England directives, Logan Construction were able to construct and provide the hospital with new Coronavirus emergency pods. These works were completed within one week of receiving instruction from our client, who is extremely pleased with our efforts.
The works comprised:-
- Removal of old shelving and racks
- Installation of new partitions and creation of two waiting rooms of normal size, one DDA compliant waiting room and one assessment room
- Installation of new doors and ironmongery
- Installation of new extract systems for all rooms and corridors
- New electrical installation with new mains cable
- New LED lighting
- Installation of electrical heating radiators and over main door heater
- Fire alarm assessment and installation of smoke heads, plus emergency beacons, all fully commissioned and tested
- Supply and installation of DDA compliant chemical toilet
Our strong bond with the Royal Free Hospital, underpinned by a diverse portfolio which continues to this day, enabled a robust response to these reactive works. This, coupled with our comprehensive understanding of NHS protocol and strong relationships with our tried and tested subcontractors (EBS and Chord), ensured we delivered this emergency brief to all quality, commercial and programme benchmarks.
Exemplifying this was the first use of an emergency pod by the Trust, just 30 minutes after we handed over the project with zero defects.
Further information on coronavirus can be found:-