This second project for Totteridge Academy was for the refurbishment of classrooms, support areas and WCs, all undertaken within a 'live' school environment.
About This Education Project
We were appointed to the Phase Two contract at Totteridge Academy based on our successful management of the refurbishment works that took place a year earlier. Our track record demonstrated that we were capable of delivering the safety, quality, commercial and programme expectations of the client team.
Our team coordinated a mix of internal and external refurbishment works to the existing classrooms and flat roof. The works included:
- Refurbishment of four science laboratory rooms, across both the ground and first floors, along with the corresponding preparation areas.
- Installation of new ceilings, walls and floor finishes.
- Reconfiguration of the existing boys and girls W/Cs.
- Adaptation of the internal classroom layout, including new fixtures, fittings and finishes throughout.
- Reconfiguration of the boys and girls changing rooms, with new fixtures, fittings and finishes installed.
- Upgraded mechanical and electrical services to support the new spaces.
- Installation of new flat roof coverings above the first-floor science laboratories, including the installation of new tapered insulation, two roof lights and edge protection.
- New fire stopping above the ceilings and riser cupboard floors.
- Associated builder’s work and decorations.
We were conscious of the live school environment and implemented safe systems of work at all times.
During mobilisation, we held workshops with the client team to ensure a robust site logistics strategy, traffic management plan and works methodology to ensure the safety and protection of school staff and students from our work areas.
We also monitored our operative code of conduct, including DBS checks for staff, to ensure that we safeguarded students at all times.